Ridiculous night in Daily Fantasy Sports yesterday, with only 2 teams in the entire NBA not playing. No surprise when you have 296 players playing last night that there would be some monster scores, and we had 11 players with 40 points or more.
James Harden was our overall scoring leader, going off for 40 points with 7 rebounds, 3 assists, and 4 steals. Pencil him in for the NBA 6th man of the year award, it’s him and it’s not even close between his competition.
Now for a Quick little rundown on the NBA studs and Duds from last night. Like always this is going to be the players that stood out in comparison to their salaries. So you’re not going to hear about Lebron scoring 36 points on FanDuel(For his Salary on most sites you’re going to need 50+ to really justify taking the hit to play LBJ).
Daily Fantasy Sports Studs
- Pau Gasol: Really this could be either of the Lakers big men, but Pau with the triple-double gets the nod. This is why the Warriors are my favorite team to play a big man against(provided it’s not the Spurs playing since you never know when Pop is going to sit Duncan), Pau had 22 points, 11 rebounds, and 11 assists with 3 blocks thrown in. When you’re matched up vs Richard Jefferson for parts of the game, you better crush as a big man.
- Jrue Holiday: Holiday has been on fire the last couple games, and went 6/6 from the 3-point stripe last night. The Scary part about playing him, is unfortunately due to the huge rotation the Sixers have he only gets about 29 minutes a game, so he has to be hot to approach these numbers.
- Monta Ellis: Now to be fair Monta’s performance came against the Wiz, and the player he was guarding(Jordan Crawford) went off for 32, but for Daily Fantasy Sports purposes, Monta had an amazing night. He scored 31 points, with 3 boards, 6 assists and 3 steals. Monta finally seems to be figuring out his place in MIL and scoring in bunches again, so with favorable matchups he’s a nice option with a ton of upside.
Daily Fantasy Sports Duds
- Tyreke Evans:I almost feel like Tyreke just deserves an auto-spot in this category. He’s definitely become the Daily Fantasy Sports Dud of the Year, and the sad part is these 6 point performances are the standard for the former rookie of the year. He played 38 minutes last night and only managed to get 5 points and 2 rebounds. Pitiful doesn’t even begin to describe it.
- Ben Uzoh: Uzoh showed last night why he’s more suited for the D-League then the NBA. I mean I feel a little bad throwing him up here, but there is literally no one else on the Raptors getting minutes at the PG position and you were playing a MIA team without Bosh or Wade last night. How do you not manage to crack the 10 point barrier in Daily Fantasy Sports? Yes I’m bitter since he was on most of my teams last night, but seriously how can an NBA player play 33 minutes on a team with no offense and only manage to get 3 points. Even worse how does a PG only manage to get 2 assists??????? Versus the awful PG defense of the Heat!!!!! Yeah I’m bitter
- Serge Ibaka: This should really get blamed on Scotty Brooks(Who is a fucking retard, but that’s another story) as Serge is somehow only managing to play an average of 24.5 minutes a game over his last 10. Last night Serge only managed to see the floor for 18, so no surprise he barely managed to outscore Josh McRoberts in Daily Fantasy Sports. Since Sefolosha came back from injury, he’s basically returned to his limited role and that seems to be what it’s going to be for the rest of the season.
Literally too many players too talk about from last night, so I’m gonna throw this up and let you peruse through it. Make sure you click our links and check out the awesome freeroll/games that FanDuel is offering.
$200 Friends of FanDuel Daily Fantasy Sports Freeroll
Also be sure to sign up for this!! FanDuel is running a friends of FanDuel Freeroll this Friday for $200: