Lower scoring again last night in Daily Fantasy Sports, with only Marcus Thorton and Chris Bosh topping the 40 point mark. Lack of scoring however didn’t mean a lack of excitement, as there were actually a decent number of games last night that stayed close until the end. However when Kevin Durant, Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, and Russell Westbrook all have nights well below their expected numbers, any team scoring in the 250′s was likely very happy last night in Daily Fantasy Sports.
Daily Fantasy Sports Studs
- Marcus Thornton: Over his last 10 games Thornton has averaged 21 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, and 2 steals… in other words he’s been a super consistent 30 point a game player on a super inconsistent Kings team. With Tyreke Evans out of the Lineup, he’s been the #1 Option in the Kings offense, and his Daily Fantasy Sports numbers have benefited. His next matchup Thursday vs the Jazz and Gordon Hayward looks to be a nice one also, so don’t be surprised if he’s not towards the top of our board again.
- Chris Bosh: Bosh who had been ice cold coming back from his personal issue last week, finally put together a decent Daily Fantasy night. While he’s always going to be the 3rd option in that Miami attack, Bosh had steadily underperformed over his last 5 games so he was likely a nice value addition if you gambled on him last night. His next matchup vs Detroit is also a decent one, so hopefully this will continue.
- Wesley Matthews: This goes under don’t expect it again from Matthews, especially with the train-wreck that is the Blazers right now. Basically only he and Lamarcus Aldridge decided to show up for the game last night, and for me at least there is no way I will be picking a Blazers player anytime soon.
Daily Fantasy Duds
- Jerryd Bayless: Bayless who was a beneficiary of minutes thanks to Jose Calderon going down, found himself once again on the bench yesterday with Calderon coming back from injury. What this means in terms of Daily Fantasy scoring is Bayless was held to 15 Daily Fantasy Sports points, which is amazing considering he only had 13 minutes .Personally I have no idea how Calderon is being inserted in front of Bayless, but until this rotation gets settled you’re going to have to avoid playing him.
- Ersan Ilyasova: Coming off the illness that held him out of the Golden State game last week, it’s not that surprising that Ilyasova might start a little slow, however you weren’t happy if that slow performance resulted in only 8-10 fantasy points last night if you grabbed his salary. I’m sure Ilyasova will be fine over the course of the season, and I’ll be looking forward to his matchup vs the Celtics on Thursday, but it’s a little worrying that Skiles only played him 22 minutes last night.
- Kevin Durant: Durantula had his worst shooting night as a pro last night, going 6/20 in a very Kobe-like performance. Obviously we’re not worried about Durant, he’s capable of going off for 50 points in Daily Fantasy Basketball any night, if you had him in your lineup last night you probably lost though with his salary.
$200 Friends of FanDuel Freeroll
Also be sure to sign up for this!! FanDuel is running a friends of FanDuel Freeroll this Friday for $200: